This Privacy Notice explains what data is collected by the Collaborative OPen Omics (COPO) website
purposes, how the data is processed and how COPO keeps it secure.
the rules and requirements for the use of the service.
Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interest of allowing the operation and functioning of
COPO. By using our website, you hereby consent to our Privacy Notice and agree to its terms.
COPO adopts appropriate data collection, validation, storage and processing practices as well as security
measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your
personal information, Orcid credentials and metadata provided on our service.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Operating system
- First name, last name and username after you sign into the service with your Orcid credentials
- Email address (after you input it in the dialog shown after a first-time access to the service)
- Date and time when a profile record and manifests are created or updated
- Metadata submitted. Metadata is the essential information about when, where, how and why data
has been collected. It can relate to research elements like samples, assemblies, sequencing annotations,
barcoding, experiments, reads or runs
- If you contact us via email, we may receive additional information about you such as the contents of the
message and/or attachments you may send us and any other information you may choose to provide
Usage of information collected:
- To utilise Google Fonts, an interactive web directory via Cascading Style Sheets (CSS),
which is embedded in the service
- To provide the user access to the service
- To answer support request sent by the user
- To monitor errors and exceptions that may occur during metadata submission
- To register your email address with your COPO user account and to submit
your email address to public repositories after manifest submissions
- To send email notifications when submitted samples have been accepted or
rejected by a sample manager
- Authorised COPO team developers
- Public metadata repositories that COPO relies on to provide the service. They are:
- Any personal data (name and email address) and metadata obtained from you will be retained as long as
the service is
if you stop using the service.
- COPO obscures your email address and omits your name from the COPO Application
Programming Interface (API)
method results after a manifest submission. However, your email address will be submitted to public repositories and will
be visible on public records as a metadata submitter.
- Access to the web and security logs containing personal data are restricted to the relevant COPO team
This service uses "cookies" to store information about the web pages on the service that the visitor has
accessed or visited.
The information is used to log any errors or exceptions that may occur and user sessions.
Any questions or comments concerning this Privacy Notice can be addressed to us by contacting us.
Published on: 28-10-2023